Diesel Engine Conversion to Biological Engine with Using Biogas and Biodiesel Fuels

Najafi, Bahman (2008) Diesel Engine Conversion to Biological Engine with Using Biogas and Biodiesel Fuels. University of Mohaghegh Ardabili.

[img] Text
Dr.Bahman_Najafi (11042).pdf

Download (800kB)

Abstract

The use of Biological Fuels (biogas and biodiesel) in diesel engines can be considered one of the optimum alternative solutions for reducing fuel consumption rate and exhaust gas emissions from diesel engine. Biogas can ideally replace diesel fuel; 90% of the diesel was replaced by Biogas, while remaining 10% was used as a pilot fuel. Biodiesel was used as a pilot fuel in this research. Ethyl ester of sunflower oil was the main component of the biodiesel product. The results of the engine performance tests showed that increasing the biodiesel percentage in the pilot fuel reduce the combustion chamber peak pressure, and the exhaust engine temperature. The exhaust gas emissions CO and NOx concentrations were found to be low when biodiesel was used, however UHC was found to be higher.

Item Type: Other
Persian Title: تبديل موتور ديزل به موتور بيولوژيک با استفاده از سوخت بيوديزل و بيوگاز
Persian Abstract: استفاده از سوختهاي بيولوژيك (بيوگاز و بيوديزل) در موتورهاي ديزل به عنوان يك راه حل مناسبي براي كاهش مصرف سوختهاي فسيلي و انتشار گازهاي آلاينده مي‌باشد. بطور ايده‌ال در يك موتور ديزل دوگانه سوز، بيوگاز مي‌تواند تا 90‌درصد جايگزين سوخت گازوئيل مي‌شود كه در اين حالت 10درصد مابقي از طريق سوخت مايع به عنوان سوخت آتشزا تامين مي‌شود. در اين طرح از مخلوطهاي مختلف بيوديزل با گازوئيل، به عنوان سوخت آتشزا استفاده گرديد، سوخت بيوديزل نيز اتيل استر روغن افتاب‌گردان بود. نتايج تست عملكرد موتور نشان داد كه با افزايش درصد بيوديزل در سوخت آتشزا، حداكثر فشار داخل محفظه احتراق، دماي خروجي اگزوز كاهش مي‌يابد. با استفاده از بيوديزل، غلظت انتشار گازهاي آلايندة CO و NOx اندكي كاهش يافته ولي انتشار UHC افزايش مي‌يابد.
Subjects: Research Projects
Divisions: Subjects > Faculty of Engineering > Department of Mechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering > Department of Mechanical Engineering
Date Deposited: 23 Jun 2019 06:01
Last Modified: 23 Jun 2019 06:01
URI: http://repository.uma.ac.ir/id/eprint/8015

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item