The Effect of Survey Scale on Soil Properties Variograms Using Geostatistics

Khosravi Korbolaghi, Nazila and Abbasi Kalo, Ayda and Shahab, Hossein (2018) The Effect of Survey Scale on Soil Properties Variograms Using Geostatistics. Masters thesis, University of Mohaghegh Ardabili.

[img] Text (تأثیر مقیاس مطالعه بر نیم تغییر نماهای برخی ویژگی‌های خاک با استفاده از زمین‌آمار)
Nazila Khosravi Korbolaghi.pdf

Download (1MB)
Official URL: http://www.uma.ac.ir

Abstract

It is very important to use appropriate methods to analyze the spatial variation of soil properties, which can provide accurate estimates of soil properties for interpolation and soil mapping using available data. The geostatistics is used to make this easy. In this research, the effect of the study scale on the soil properties semivariograms and accuracy of Kriging interpolation method to predict the spatial distribution of soil features was studied. firstly, 330 surface samples were taken from depth of 0 - 30 cm in a regular grid arrangement at 250 m intervals and transferred to the soil laboratory. The soil properties included sand, silt and clay percentage, aggregate stability, bulk density, electrical conductivity, pH, organic carbon percentage, soluble ions (including potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium and sum of calcium and magnesium) were measured by standard laboratory methods and sodium absorbtion ratio (SAR), and Cross-index (CROSS) were calculated, and then the data were controlled and reconstructed for geostatistical analysis.The results of Kolmogrov-Smirnov test with SPSS16.0 software showed that the data were not normal and therefore logarithmic transformation was used for data normalization. Then the best semivarioram model was fitted to the spatial structure of the data using GS+ 5.1 software and semivariograms of studied properties were plotted at three distances of 250, 500 and 750 meters, and the important parameters of semivariogram were extracted. The distribution of studied properties was mapped using ordinary kriging in ArcGIS10.1 and the coefficient of correlation (r), significant factor (sig) and root mean square error (RMSE) were calculated for three distances. The results showed that at distance of 250 meters, all studied properties are significant at 1% probability level (99% confidence level). At a distance of 500 meters, all properties (except bulk density) are significant at 1% and 5% levels, while in In the distance of 750 meters, only three properties of sand, silt and aggregate stability were significant. In this study, spatial variation of soil properties was affected by change in distance.

Item Type: Thesis (Masters)
Persian Title: تأثیر مقیاس مطالعه بر نیم تغییر نماهای برخی ویژگی‌های خاک با استفاده از زمین‌آمار
Persian Abstract: استفاده از روش‌های مناسب جهت تحلیل تغییرپذیري مکانی ویژگی‌های خاك که بتواند با بهره‌گیری از داده‌های در دسترس تخمین‌های دقیقی از ویژگی‌های خاك براي درون‌یابی و تهیه نقشه ویژگی‌های خاك ارائه دهد، از موارد بسیار مهم است. برای دسترسی آسان به این مهم از زمین‌آمار استفاده می‌شود. در اين پژوهش تأثیر مقیاس مطالعه بر نیم تغییر نماهای ویژگی‌های خاک و ارزیابی دقت روش درون‌یابی کریجینگ جهت پیش‌بینی پراكنش مكاني آن ویژگی‌ها بررسی شد. بدین منظور، ابتدا تعداد 330 نمونه سطحی از عمق صفر تا 30 سانتی‌متری خاک و در قالب شبکه‌بندی منظم با فواصل 250 متری برداشت و به آزمایشگاه منتقل شد. ویژگی‌های مورد مطالعه شامل: شن، سیلت، رس، میانگین وزنی قطر خاکدانه، جرم مخصوص ظاهری، هدایت الکتریکی، pH، کربن آلی، یون‌های محلول (پتاسیم، سدیم، منیزیم، کلسیم)، نسبت جذبی سدیم (SAR) و شاخص کراس (CROSS) با روش‌های استاندارد آزمایشگاهی اندازه‌گیری شد و سپس كنترل و بازسازي داده‌ها صورت گرفت. نتایج آزمون كولموگروف – اسميرنوف توسط نرم‌افزار SPSS16.0 نشان داد كه داده‌ها نرمال نبوده و درنتیجه جهت نرمال‌سازی از تبدیل لگاریتمی استفاده شد. سپس با استفاده از نرم‌افزار GS+5.1 بهترين مدل نیم تغییر نما به ساختار فضايي داده‌ها برازش داده شد و نیم تغییر نماهای ویژگی‌های مورد مطالعه در سه فاصله 250، 500 و 750 متری ترسیم و پارامترهای مهم نیم تغییر نماها استخراج شد. نقشه‌ توزیع ویژگی‌های مورد مطالعه با روش کریجینگ معمولی در محيط نرم‌افزار ArcGIS10.1 ترسيم و در هر سه فاصله ضریب همبستگی (r)، ضریب معنی‌داری sig)) و ریشه دوم میانگین مربعات خطا (RMSE) محاسبه شد. نتایج نشان داد که در فاصله‌ی 250 متری تمام ویژگی‌های مورد بررسی از نقطه نظر تاثیر فاصله در سطح احتمال 1% معنی‌دار هستند در فاصله‌ی 500 متری نیز تمامی پارامترها (به‌جز جرم مخصوص ظاهری) در سطوح 1% و 5% معنی‌دار می‌باشند این در حالی است که در فاصله 750 متری از بین ویژگی‌های بررسی‌شده تنها سه ویژگی میانگین وزنی قطر خاکدانه و سیلت در سطح 1 % و شن در سطح 5 % معنی‌دار بودند.
Supervisor:
SupervisorE-mail
Abbasi Kalo, AydaUNSPECIFIED
Advisor:
AdvisorE-mail
Shahab, HosseinUNSPECIFIED
Subjects: Faculty of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources > Department of Soil Engineering
Divisions > Faculty of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources > Department of Soil Engineering
Divisions: Subjects > Faculty of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources > Department of Soil Engineering
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources > Department of Soil Engineering
Date Deposited: 30 Oct 2018 06:32
Last Modified: 30 Oct 2018 06:32
URI: http://repository.uma.ac.ir/id/eprint/1503

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item